Tuesday, October 11, 2016

mini backyard yoga retreat

 
Hi there! 
Finally a new post...

Previously I stated my finacé and I bought a house! [still can't believe it]
When we bought this house we first fell in love with the interior, then the backyard. When we bought the house we knew the yard was going to be a major project. It's very tragic. Our grass is very dry [we live in Sacramento, California where drought is taken VERY seriously], the landscape is uneven, and we need a lot more greenery. Oh and some patio furniture.
Nonetheless we knew it is going to be prefect for get together's.

I, for one, could not wait to round up a couple girlfriends to do something fun. I'm a big supporter/ believer, go-er, groupon groupie, class workout only kinda girl.
Inspired from workout classes, I came up with a "mini backyard yoga retreat". I talked it over with my girl Haley from ColourMeClassic and boom, puff, done. Ideas where flowing.

A couple Friday's ago I gathered some girlfriends [Vanessa and Susan] for a different kind of happy hour, a more intimate but fun situation.We started the evening with pressed juice from my absolute favorite juicery, Liquidology [located in Sacramento 46th and H st]. Then my yogi bud Shelby walked us through a 30 minute Vinyasa flow. Topped off the night gathering our mats in a circle chatting while sipping on delicious Wellbelly Tonic mixed with Champagne! 

Perfect Friday night after a super long work week. 




 


Photography :Sarah Michiko on Instagram
sarahmichiko.com

Yoga teacher:
Shelby Rae on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment