Friday, January 30, 2015

México diary 1 (Jaripo, Michoacan edition)


Hola!
It's been a while. I just came back from México after not visiting for 7 years. Sadly my Mexican bender is over. But O-M-G was it the most incredible/beautiful/perfect trip.
When I was baby bean I used to visit Mexico every year. My fondest memories were when we would visit where my mama was born (in a hallway, so she claims) a small town called Jaripo, Michoacan during the fiestas of the Virgin de Guadalupe. It was like a Virgin Mary Coachella festival. Music, car parades, culture, food and drinks!
So after several years of not visiting I forgot how charming the town actual was. Absolutely mesmerizing. So alive, vibrant, and full of color. Below are some moments I captured- enjoy!
Oh and more to come.



























PS I will have more photo diaries of other places I visited during my visit to México! So stayed tuned.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, love the colours !

    With love from London,
    Hayley
    http://thelifestylemenu.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous photos! All of the colours are so pretty. It looks like you had an amazing time :)
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB! My mother is from Jaripo, and we just returned from las fiestas. You're truly gifted with the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pictures. Although I was born in San Bernardino, I was taken to Jaripo by the time I was 3 months old. I claim it with pride as the place I was raised. M. Susan Guerrero Light, hija !! Alfonso Guerrero Cruz, nieta de Don Jesus Guerrero Manzo

    ReplyDelete