Friday, August 4, 2017

Crab Ceviche


When I think of summer meals, I think of easy, fresh, no-heat-required. One of my absolute favorite summer meals is ceviche. I have to say my husband makes the BEST CEVICHE in the world. It's so fresh and lemony and just gets it right. But since he's so busy these days I decided to give it a try. 
It was so simple, granted I didn't use shrimp like he does, for the sake of fast! (takes longer to cook/marinate shrimp). Nonetheless it was fresh and just what we needed for a hot summer day. 

What you'll need:
Crab Meat (I used 2 packs of flake imitation crab)
1/2 Red Onion
1 Tomato
1 Jalapeno
1 Cucumber
Salt (to taste)
2 Limes (juiced)
Handful of Cilantro
1 or 2 Avocado
Directions:
1. Shredded your crab. Side note; I read in multiple sites it's best to prepare your ceviche in a glass bowl versus plastic or metal. 
2. Dice onion, cucumber, jalapeno, cilantro, and tomato. Make sure you dice your ingredients really small or super fine. 
3. In the same bowl you have your shredded crab combine all diced ingredients. Mix together. Squeeze 2 limes into mixture and add salt.
4. Serve in a bowl topped with avocado and side of tortilla chips or directly on a tostada. 
**For best results-  cover and refrigerate for an hour**








 I would love to try different variations, so please share your favorite recipes!



1 comment: