Monday, June 19, 2017

Jenner, CA

Oh man! Here it goes…I come to you as Mrs. Ascencio!! June 3rd, 2017 I married my best friend/ life partner! It all still feels so surreal. I’m married!!! Gosh, it feels good to say that. Not because I thought it would never happen but because it happened. Follow?
Anyway before I share wedding pictures I wanted to share our quick honeymoon getaway to Jenner, CA. I have to say it was magical. The entire thing, even the three hour drive there and the VERY limited cell service. We made a couple stops along the way  but once we hit Highway 1 it was insanely beautiful.

Our first stop; an amazing BBQ deli called Lombardi’s in Petaluma, CA. My husband (giggles) loves BBQ so naturally we decided to stop there. Man was it a good decision.
It hit the spot! Soooo good. Contemplated stopping again on our way home. He got the “Mama Lil’s” and I got the “Lee’s Special”. To refrain from drooling and judgments I  won’t describe what was in them. They also had the most extensive hot sauce selection I’ve ever seen.  Side note:  We literally consumed anything we wanted without thinking about it twice, 0 reservations and 80% of our trip was based on food. On our way home we stopped in Healdsburg CA. Cutest town and paid a mandatory visit to SHED

Stay: Timber Cove Resort in Jenner, CA
We stayed at the ever-so-cool-recently-remodeled Timber Cove Resort. We stayed in the Ocean Cove Junior Suite. We had the most EPIC views!!! We sat in our balcony for hours talking / sipping champagne/ smoking our cigar/ eating...etc... BEAUTIFUL. The entire resort is made to literally keep you.  They have the best staff, onsite restaurant COAST KITCHEN, games, views, coffee, bar....etc. Only wish for an outdoor Jacuzzi facing the ocean. But overall, we are definitely committing to visiting again on our wedding anniversary!

Activities (near Jenner, CA):
Hiking ; We hiked Salt Point trail. It is all along the California coast. Absolutely breath taking.
Kayaking : Salmon Creek in Bodega Bay (easy kayak, I was not ready for ocean) also when in Bodega Bay you must try Fisherman's Cove - Raw and Chorizo grilled- OYSTERS!!! so freaking good, best ever!
Wine Tasting: Fort Ross Winery (EPIC views while wine tasting.....need I say more?)
And everyday activity: Stare into each others eyes :-) 


Hope you enjoy!!! 




















No comments:

Post a Comment