Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day Solo



Valentine's Day is one of my absolute favorite holidays. I say that every year and also about every holiday. I start to drop subliminal messages to my fiance around January 2nd. I'm giving him time to recover from just-passed holidays but also need him to start thinking/ planning for this special day. A day that means so much to me!
However, this year, he had absolutely no shame in telling me I'm celebrating alone. THE NERVE!!! Of course I caused a scene, slammed doors shut a couple times, demanded he take the day off, but after explanation/reasoning- he's a fireman, set schedule year in advance, and a hero- I let it go.
I thought about gathering my girls for a Galentines brunch, but I scratched that idea. Instead I decided to celebrate solo. A manufactured LOVE day, loving myself. Seemed right, felt right, and there was something so empowering about it.
What I did: Read magazines, drank wine, made a cheese plate, bought myself roses, put on a face mask, and listened to John Mayer alternating with Beyonce. And I have to say it was one of the best/most relaxing Valentines Day.

It was a fundamental belief  Valentine's Day had to be spent with people you love and shouldn't be spent alone. One should also plan to go out for a romantic dinner and buy something special for a special someone. I guess it's a blessing in disguise my man is working because I realized how empowering celebrating alone is. Self love is the most important attribute one should posses.

No comments:

Post a Comment