Monday, January 16, 2017

How To: Table Spread



Before the month ends I wanted to share my table spread I created for New Years Eve. My fiancé and I hosted a NYE party at our place this year. It's so surreal to think that just last year we were in our tiny apartment [less than 700 sq ft] and now we have the opportunity to host a large group. #blessed.

I wish I would have taken more pictures, but I didn't think I would share this. However, I received a ton of compliments from my girlfriends and even the fellas. So I'd figure I'd share my tips: 

First, believe it or not I literally drew out a map of how I would set up the table. The reason is 1) I've never created a 'multiple-board' charcuterie board for a large group 2) wanted to make sure it was perfect and all things fit with enough room to seat people comfortably.
Second, CHEESE and MEATS. I had to make sure I did my research on cheeses. Already, I knew there were a few folks who were lactose. You want everyone to enjoy your creation. No? I went with a popular cheese such as Brie then an aged cheese like Gouda combined with Parmesan [so good].  Then choose your meats, crackers, some fruit, and spread [like a chili pepper jelly]. Easy!
Three, Candles and Greenery. I used to believe creating a good looking board was a little intimidating. Then I found the best trick; incorporate greenery! And whenever permissible candles. And viola you just elevated your board. Your guest will take notice, trust me!
Finally, serving dishes. I am a firm believer serving dishes are just as important as the food you out on them.

And that's all folks! Hopefully you enjoy this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment