Friday, May 31, 2013

imperative



top: F21// scarf: UO// jeans: Abercrombie & Fitch// shoes: Chanel// bag: vintage Gucci

Have you ever noticed time not on your side while getting dressed?
I had to be at a meeting w/ my STYLIST boss for new hire. Let me emphasize STYLIST BOSS!! I procrastinated to plan my outfit till the day of. I am panicking.
Now to me these meetings are like galas or fashion shows. I have to look my best, in a semi casual way. Think about it, you dress to impress other women. So in this case, looking polished is imperative. 
After contemplating on what to wear for what seemed like forever and three days I ran out of time.
Not only was I facing physical constrains but I was having (still am) to get dressed with a sports bra!  
Picked the easiest shirt- stripes NEVER fail- and my bright bra straps were showing.
Annoying.   
 Anyway, I wrapped a light weight scarf and bam: a small french painter. 
 I look like I could paint your self-portrait. 
On a serious note, peplum shirts are prime. They are sophisticated and chic.
 I consider mine more a t-shirt but its perfect for when I need to look put together in a casual way. 

Oh, also, I am really into cuffin' my pants. All my pants.
I feel it gives your whole fit just the right touch.



8 comments:

  1. Oh girl, do I understand you :D
    But you know you did quite well with the "look good but not overdressed to impress".
    And yh, cuffing your pants automatically somehow gives a bit of edge to the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit!! Love your top!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your outfit!
    you shoes and bag are so gorgeous
    would you like to follow each other on bloglovin and gfc? let me know so i can follow back :)
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cool outfit, love your chanel espadrilles!
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your espadrilles, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stripes on a peplum body, great look :)


    Stop by!
    http://thesirensdesign.blogspot.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShopTheSirens

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely outfit. I really like the boyfriend jeans & Chanel slippers. Hope you did well on your meeting!

    Lubna
    WWW.ELLEVOX.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete