Friday, November 2, 2012

In this moment I just feel so alive


If you haven't heard my title's phrase before- where the heck have you been?
Joking. The title comes from Nick Minaj's song "Moment for life" ft. Drake.
 Looking at this photo and reminiscing on this past summer, Nicki's song came on my pandora. It was perfect.  Her phrases "I wish that I could have this moment for life" and "In this moment I just feel so alive" captured my feelings exactly. 
 I always wanted to move to LA for a summer to do fashion internships. There was always an excuse or reason not to go, or at least I made myself believe. However, this year something happened, I realized I was my own barrier. Nothing was stopping me other than my fear. Fear of failure and change. 
I remember speaking to my boyfriend about moving to LA for the summer and he said "do it, I support you". In that moment my fear was eased. I decided to take a step in the right direction. I looked for internships, got interviews, and moved to LA. 
It was one of the most amazing and fulfilling experiences of my life. I feel alive because of it. I let go of fear in exchange for freedom. Freedom to chase after my dreams of making it big in the fashion world. 

We only have one life to live. We have to make sure we are alive while we live it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment